cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client availabe for XP x64

lhowe
Level 1
Level 1

is there a vpn client which will work with a 64 bit version of windows xp? Also, what is the most current version available for download for xp and vista?

thanks

5 Replies 5

j.delossantos
Level 1
Level 1

Lisa,

You can use the SSL client or AnyConnect client for this. You need to configure your ASA/PIX for WebVPN/SSLvpn.

There is no IPSEC client from Cisco for 64bit OS. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong)

The latest client software they have are anyconnect-win-2.2.0140-k9.

sslclient-win-1.1.4.179.

You can download this here at Cisco if you have a CCO account.

Please remember to read the release notes to know which one will work for your implementation.

hth

what is the latest ipsec client we're currently using vpn client version 5.0.02.0090

thanks,

and can I be directly to the download link?

Lisa,

The latest VPN Client in 5.x version is 5.0.04.0300. You can download the VPN Client from the below URL but need to have the right credentials with 3DES Download Authorization.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/windows

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

There are currently no plans to support Windows XP 64 bit in the VPN client.