cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client behind a PIX

scott
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to connect to a remote VPN via the Cisco VPN client that is behind a PIX 515 FW. If I access the VPN outside the PIX it is ok. Anyone know how config the PIX so the Client VPN can access a remote VPN behind the PIX???

I have trying an access list to allow protocol 50 and UDP 500 - no change.

5 Replies 5

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Do you have any logs from the 515? Are you certain it is a IPSec vpn that is being used? Are the 515 natting? Does the SW client normally work behind NAT?

No logs...I know that it works outside the PIX and works at home for me behind a LinkSys cable/dsl router with allow IPsec to pass-thru enabled. NAT is turned on on the inside interface. The SW client will work behind a Novell Bordermanager server w/NAT and ports UDP 500 and TCP 10000 allowed thru.

do you have the sysopt for ipsec enabled?

i have had no trouble using the sw client from behind my pix at home, which nats everything to a vpn 30xx concentrator, as well as from behind one doing nat (0) thru another ipsec tunnel to another pix to the concentrator = both nat and no nat configs.

Create one static mapping for that machine on PIX with one public IP address.

and open the corresponding ports.

Regards,

Sachin

jbalzer
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem with the configuration of the 515. I am using a wireless laptop connection through an inside Access Point, then to the PIX, then through the Router to the internet. The laptop works great via T-mobile hotspots and outside the PIX but refuses to work from inside. Any ideas as to the config parms I am missing? Also tried protocol 50 and UDP 500. Thank you in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: