Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Client behind a PIX

I'm trying to connect to a remote VPN via the Cisco VPN client that is behind a PIX 515 FW. If I access the VPN outside the PIX it is ok. Anyone know how config the PIX so the Client VPN can access a remote VPN behind the PIX???

I have trying an access list to allow protocol 50 and UDP 500 - no change.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VPN Client behind a PIX

Do you have any logs from the 515? Are you certain it is a IPSec vpn that is being used? Are the 515 natting? Does the SW client normally work behind NAT?

No logs...I know that it works outside the PIX and works at home for me behind a LinkSys cable/dsl router with allow IPsec to pass-thru enabled. NAT is turned on on the inside interface. The SW client will work behind a Novell Bordermanager server w/NAT and ports UDP 500 and TCP 10000 allowed thru.

Silver

do you have the sysopt for ipsec enabled?

i have had no trouble using the sw client from behind my pix at home, which nats everything to a vpn 30xx concentrator, as well as from behind one doing nat (0) thru another ipsec tunnel to another pix to the concentrator = both nat and no nat configs.

Create one static mapping for that machine on PIX with one public IP address.

and open the corresponding ports.

Regards,

Sachin

I am having the same problem with the configuration of the 515. I am using a wireless laptop connection through an inside Access Point, then to the PIX, then through the Router to the internet. The laptop works great via T-mobile hotspots and outside the PIX but refuses to work from inside. Any ideas as to the config parms I am missing? Also tried protocol 50 and UDP 500. Thank you in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content