Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client cant access remote resources

tgregorics
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a strange problem with my setup. I installed a 876 router, it works perfectly. Receives a static ip address via pppoe and provides internet access via NAT to the local users. There are 2 servers behind, have port forwarding configured for both, works perfectly.

Using SDM i configured an Easy VPN Server and actually i can connect to the router from a remote location using Cisco VPN client. Now comes the strange thing: the connection is successful, i get an ip address, dns and gateway info, BUT i can not access any hosts from the vpn client. I can't even ping the ip addresses in the same subnet.

Also, the default gateway i receive: it is the ip address of one of the servers (providing the wins and dns) but that is not a gateway server. It should be the router's ip address, but i did not find any option to set it.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

On which interface should I change the mtu/mss? The dialer0 or atm0.1 ? (this is a 876 router with adsl interface)

Also, what do you mean by Network Extension mode? I couldn't find any mention of it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: