cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client connection failing after restoring Laptop from Hibernate

lunzet
Level 1
Level 1

I am running newest vpn client 4.0.2D on Win2k SP3 and connecting via VPN normally works fine. Only when returning the Laptop from hibernation it cannot establish a connection as it fails to establish the secure channel - see log entry here -->

Phase 1 SA deleted before first Phase 2 SA is up cause by "PEER_DELETE-IKE_DELETE_UNSPECIFIED"

Stopping & starting the cisco vpn service does not help in this scenario.

Any ideas where to look at?

Thx,

Thomas

6 Replies 6

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

When you go into hibernate mode your tunnel is actually torn down. Check your head-end device to verify. When the PC comes out of hibernate that PC thinks there is still a tunnel there due to the way hibernate mode acts. You have all the indicators from the PC side that it is there but it is not. The head-end deveice sees the attempt at reconnection w/o negotiation. Off the top of my head I do not know of a way to keep a tunnel established will a PC is in hibernate mode. Anybody out there know different? I took my best guess

when going into hibernate the vpn client has not even been loaded/started. no tunnel is open when hibernating ! any more ideas ?

What version of the client are you running?

as stated in itial posting the latest i could get ... 4.0.2D

Sorry, I was looking at the last posting and not the entire thread when I asked that. Let me check something out and will post shortly

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Interesting question. I have the same problem with a Movian VPN client that is installed on a PDA with WindowsCE. If the PDA goes to sleep the VPN terminates at the VPN box and the client thinks it is still up when it awakes.

Maybe Cisco could shine a light out here???