Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

VPN Client Connection Terminated

I am new to the Cisco PIX and I am having an issue with connections dropping. We are using a 515e on 6.2 and my laptops are using VPN Client 4.0 and Radius thru IAS on W2K3 Server. At about 30 minutes a window pops up indicating "Secure VPN Connection Terminated by Peer. Reason:(Reason not Specified by Peer)". I have combed thru the configuration settings and parameters of the Cisco and my connection on the Radius server and am unable to find anything to help. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: VPN Client Connection Terminated

On the PIX515 if you do a "show vpngroup" what is the "max-time" setting configured for? If it is not configured you may want to do a vpngroup max-time for the clients in the group. You can aslo adjust the max-idle here as well. While troubleshooting, maybe set both to 3600 seconds (1 hour) to see if you get disconnected. Then adjust your idle-time down (you can set it to 0 if you never want clients to idel time out) and see what happens.

Matt

5 REPLIES
Community Member

It sounds like IETF RADIUS Attribute [027] Session-Timeout is set to 30 minutes, which disconnects every session after 30 minutes regardless if they are idle or not. I don't have IAS, but on Cisco ACS 3.2, this is where you would setup the maximum time you would want a client connected.

Matt

Anonymous
N/A

I have checked all settings on Cisco and in IAS connection and I find no reference to a maximum time limit or 30 minutes. Is there a command line function I can do to look this up?

Warren

Community Member

On the PIX515 if you do a "show vpngroup" what is the "max-time" setting configured for? If it is not configured you may want to do a vpngroup max-time for the clients in the group. You can aslo adjust the max-idle here as well. While troubleshooting, maybe set both to 3600 seconds (1 hour) to see if you get disconnected. Then adjust your idle-time down (you can set it to 0 if you never want clients to idel time out) and see what happens.

Matt

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for the help on the command. The result was a "max-time" of 1800 (30 Minutes). I have bumped it to 3600 and am now testing.

Warren

Anonymous
N/A

I completed my testing and that solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Warren

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content