cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client doesn't seem to get a response from the server

s.rudy
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure this is the right forum, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to access VPN through the 5000 client. When I access a server that uses a Shared Key, I don't have any problems. However, when I try to access a server that uses a manual certificate method it won't prompt for the RSA secure ID. These are two different servers on two different networks.

When I connect the client through dialup I cna successfully connect. Some all things point to a problem between by cable modem and the VPN server. Does anyone know how I can help the service provide trouble shoot this issue. I know the client tries to connect on port 500 and does some additional connection through port 80. Are there any other ports that I could have the system admins check for blockage?

1 Reply 1

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try reducing the mtu size on the client side to about 1400. The manual cert might be to long to be transmitted across without fragmentation. Or maybe try to reduce the key size when you generate the manual cert.