Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client error

wagrjohn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A user is having a problem connecting via VPN using client 4.0.1 to a PIX 515e running 6.3(1). The user has all the correct group info and the PIX is configured properly as other VPN client connections work fine. The client seems to make a connection, but is never prompted for username and password, he just gets the following error:

--------

Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.1 (Rel)

Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Client Type(s): Windows, WinNT Running on: 5.1.2600

1 09:43:05.169 10/10/03 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xA3000067

Received Unexpected InitialContact Notify (PLMgrNotify:841)

-------

I have a radius server providing the client authentication but the client just never gives the username password box. The user is connecting from behind his corporate firewall so could there be something that is blocking the return xauth traffic?

I do have ip nat traversal activated in the PIX, so I would think that everything is tunneled.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you.

- John

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

I am not sure, though, just increase the xauth time and see it works out, just a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: