cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client for Vista

gacunninghame
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the latest client for VPN and there is vague reference to vista being supported in a "beta only" mode. Does anyone have information on a formal, supported release of the VPN client for Vista? the new "beta" won't even install on my PC.

3 Replies 3

kirthayes1
Level 1
Level 1

I have Windows Vista Ultimate Edition installed. The install was a upgrade from Windows XP (SP2) plus routine updates. The upgrade to Vista did not give any errors. The same VPN Client that worked under XP returns an error message "Error 56: The Cisco Systems, Inc VPN Service has not started" All exe's have been marked to run in compatibility mode equal to XP-SP2.

How can I make the VPN Client work running under Win Vista ?

Anyone else figure this out? I have a user with the same problem.

mj11
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Cisco IPSec Client does not support 64-bit. If the you require 64-bit support, the upgrade path is to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client instead, which does support 64-bit.

Cisco VPN Client for Windows Vista, does not support the following features:

•System upgraded from Windows XP or earlier Windows operating systems to Vista. (Clean OS installation required.)

Please rate if this helps.

Regards

MJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: