cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client for Win2000 Available in March 2001 ??

dreyburn
Level 1
Level 1

From what I've been reading in this forum, the Win2000 Client would be ready in March. It's now the second week of March. How can I find out when it's available ? Our Cisco technician does'nt know anything about the availablity. I've seen some posts that say we can get our hands on the beta version. How do I do that ??

15 Replies 15

jomccloud
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has released the VPN Client v3.0 that supports Windows 2000 and ME. You can download it NOW from the CCO software site.

Good luck!

I am probably blind, but can't find anything about VPN Client v3.0, only VPN Client v1.0 and VPN Client v1.1 . Any additional info ?

Regards

You are correct. It has not been posted yet. Maybe Joshua was referring to an internal server or something. In any case, It is due out this week. Keep checking here: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/vpn/vpnclient/

If it doesn't appear this week, I'll see what I can find out about the delay.

Thank you for your post.

Thanx for your info.

I hope it will be out this week. :-)

While looking thru the software center I ran across this... Cisco VPN Client... Following this link

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/vpn/client/

vpnclient-win-3.0.1-Rel-K9.exe

I downloaded the 3 PDF's listed on the same page to try and find out some information about this particular VPN client, however none of them mention anything other then configuring the VPN 3000 concentrator. I was under the impression the "unified" client would support vpn routers (ie 1700,2600,3600, etc..) and PIX firewall IPSec connections. Is this new VPN client designed to work for all VPN capable devices or only the VPN concentrators ?

TIA,

Don

I understand there is not yet a way to establish a VPN-IPsec connection between a Win2k-Pro and a Cisco router until the beta version for Win2k-Prof client is available.

whitelori
Level 1
Level 1

I've also been asking for this client for months and was told it would be available some time in February. It is holding me up on this project I'm working on for remote access. I would also like to get hold of a beta version if it is available!

I think we're all in the same boat. They've also told me the middle of February, then the first week of March, then the next week.. I think we get the idea. The actual name of the product has also been a mystery. I've seen some articles referring to the a "unified" VPN Client called "Cisco Client", but now it seems to be VPN Client 3.0. Only time will tell.

I received the new client yesterday. Loaded it and couldn't connect. Kept getting remote peer unavailable. Tried deleting and reinstalling - same results. I had to reinstall the Win2K Beta in order to connect to my Altiga Concentrator.

You must upgrade your concentrator to release 3.0. This will do the trick. We have done some intensive testing with client release 3.0 and 3.01 and it is working fine.

I upgraded the CVPN IOS and can now connect. As for the client working fine - well. There's a bug not allowing more than 14 characters in the domain name section of the client. I am concerned that nowhere in the config do I see "active directory" mentioned, as we are still having issues browsing the network. We can map via ip not by name.

Question: Are Version 2.5 clients able to connect after upgrading the concentrator to 3.0?

Where did you get the new client from? How did you get the Beta copy?

Did you finally get the beta version for Win2k IPsec client?

gsanchez@servicom2000.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: