cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client for XP 64bit

kvermeylen
Level 1
Level 1

Which VPN Client version should I install on a Windows XP 64bit?

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

I think no software VPN client supports yet the Windows XP 64bit processor. I think they will be released soon. Or else, you can try vpn client version 4.8. I believe this works on winxp 64 bit edition. But I am not sure about it.

I attempted to install the VPN Client version 4.8 onto Windows XP 64 bit without success. During the installation, an error occurrs stating that the DNE files and a certain class files are missing.

We recently asked about this and were told that there currently is not support in the Cisco VPN client for 64 bit Windows and that Cisco is planning to add this feature, probably some time later in the year.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

Windows XP 64 bit will not be supported by the VPN client, but 5.0.7 (now in public beta) supports 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Note that Windows XP 64 bit will not be supported by the VPN client, but 5.0.7 (now in public beta) supported 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: