cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client in IOS

ph0enix
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2651XM router running as a firewall [IOS 12.4(9)T]. Currently some of the machines on the LAN connect to several Cisco VPN servers on remote networks using the VPN client. My question is: can I configure the router as a VPN client and have it connect to th e remote servers on demand so that the LAN users don't have to use the VPN client any more and the VPN connections are transparent to them?

(Reconfiguring the VPN servers on the remot end is not an option).

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

This feature is known as EzVPN remote/client if iam correct but however it will require ezVPN server support on the servers which i doubt. You can probably place a VPN concentrator or a PIX to act as EzVPN server to acheive this purpose.

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

I am affraid its not possible with 2651XM

according this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5299/index.html

Cisco Easy VPN Remote (client) is now available only on Cisco 800, 1700, 1800, 2800, 3800, and UBR900 Series routers, Cisco PIX 501 and 506E security appliances, and Cisco VPN 3002 Hardware Clients. So you need one of those devices for acting as VPN client

M.

Hope that helps rate if it does

Thanks! Would you happen to know how to configure a PIX506 (6.3.5) as a VPN client?

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: