Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Issue with Linksys Wireless

tcoutu2008
Level 1
Level 1

Please help. Here is what I know.

1. When I VPN in using Cisco VPN Client 4.8, I am able to connect…meaning the lock is closed and it tells me I am connected to my work network.

2. However, when I go to click on a network drives, it says that is not found. I am also unable to use email

3. I use a Linksys wireless Router. wHen I connect directly to the Cable Modem…I get in without a problem but I can't get in using the Wireless.

4. Makes me think it is a problem with the wireless router but I have another computer with the same Cisco VPN Client 4.8 and I am able to get in. So how can it be the wireless router? I called Linksys support and they couldn't explain it.

5. So now I am thinking there is some setting on my computer that is either wireless or security that is causing me to have this issue.

I should mention that I tried installing VPN 5.0 first but when that didn't work I went back to 4.8 because that is what worked on my other computer. I am running XP Professional

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tim

1 Reply 1

rimbertr1
Level 1
Level 1

2. Might be a name resolution issue. Try pinging the server by IP address and by name. If only the IP address gets a response, then it's not resolving the name.