Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client problems maintaining telnet sessions...

I manage multiple installs of VPN clients with both 3002 Hardware and 3.5 software. The hardware works great, the software has constant problems disconnecting with active telnet sessions being dropped. This has caused a lot of headaches with file locks. If I could replace with the hardware I would, but there is a slight problem.. $$$. Anyway, what seems to be the difference and why can the software client not seem to maintain a connection? I have multiple different connections, 56k modems, cable modems and dsl all have trouble maitaining software connections but the cable and dsl work great with the hardware. The usual response from the disconnect is "Remote Peer not Responding" requiring at least one reboot. Sometimes, it can be a half hour before the client can connect again, although the internet connection works fine. Thanks for any help...

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: VPN Client problems maintaining telnet sessions...

If it’s only happening with telnet, the traffic may not look active and just dies. I wonder if there is a way your application can inject a keepalive of some sort.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.