Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client software executable

Is it possible to set up the client software and then send in out in an executable format.

4 REPLIES

Re: VPN Client software executable

I’m not aware of any way to do this nor could I find anything in the docs. I just send out the profiles with the client and a batch file that copies the profiles into the proper directory. Works pretty well.

I seem to have good luck using WinZip to zip all the files in the folder, including the pre-configured profile files. Then convert the zipped file to an executable, using the WinZip application.

We have used the branding ability along with the pre-configuration options to accomplish this. We then burn a CD with an autorun file in the root and let it automatically start, configure, and then reboot the system. If autorun is turned off, have the user double-click the setup icon.

I have been branding and making .EXEs with the VPN client for a while (3.5.1c). Now, we have XP (pro) users and seems the exe with XP won't work (zip does work). Any ideas?? Thanks a lot. I have been using Pentazip 5.0

Marcelo

Views
Helpful
Replies