cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client software executable

harvey.dewan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set up the client software and then send in out in an executable format.

4 Replies 4

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

I’m not aware of any way to do this nor could I find anything in the docs. I just send out the profiles with the client and a batch file that copies the profiles into the proper directory. Works pretty well.

mike.rockwood
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to have good luck using WinZip to zip all the files in the folder, including the pre-configured profile files. Then convert the zipped file to an executable, using the WinZip application.

NetTech24
Level 1
Level 1

We have used the branding ability along with the pre-configuration options to accomplish this. We then burn a CD with an autorun file in the root and let it automatically start, configure, and then reboot the system. If autorun is turned off, have the user double-click the setup icon.

I have been branding and making .EXEs with the VPN client for a while (3.5.1c). Now, we have XP (pro) users and seems the exe with XP won't work (zip does work). Any ideas?? Thanks a lot. I have been using Pentazip 5.0

Marcelo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: