cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Startup Error

natearmstrong
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the Cisco VPN Client version 4.7.00.0533 on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2. The install ran normally with no errors. When I attempt to start the client I receive Error 56 The Cisco Systems Inc., VPN Client Service has not been started. When I check the services, the service in question has indeed been started. I have attempted reinstalling the client, restarting the service, disabling the Windows Firewall /ICS service, and of course rebooting the server. Has anyone ran into this problem before? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Try this procedure for uninstalling the VPN client 3.5 (if you have it) before installing the new client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7f.shtml

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately the problem remains. Please don't hesitate to post if you have another suggestion....I am certianly out of ideas. Thanks again.

I have the same problem after a fresh WIndows 2003 server install. Did you fix the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: