Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN client stops inbound connections?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I am running VPN client v4.8.00.0140 on a Win2003 server. My users connect to the server using VNC and then initiate a VPN connection to a vendor's network (PIX). The VPN connection works fine, but seems to cause problems for other services running on the Win2003 server. In particular, incoming connections (say to a local web server) are dropped if the VPN client is connected, but can connect fine when VPN is not connected. Also, local services that are restarted while the VPN connection is active, often have problems restarting and binding to needed local ports (error messages will indicate something like: no route available to localhost:7001).

Is the VPN client designed to prohibit inbound connections? I have verifed that the "stateful firewall" is not enabled. I know that from past experience with Symantec's VPN client, you need to config the client to allow inbound connections on any desired ports. Is there a way to do this with the Cisco client? Or should all inbound and outbound connections be permitted when the stateful firewall if off?

1 REPLY

Re: VPN client stops inbound connections?

You might want to set DNS settings in the router crypto client configuration to work with your local DNS. You may also need the "Allow Local LAN Access" box checked on the VPN client "Transport" tab.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content