Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client to 5001 VPN Concentrator Connection Problems

Hello,

I have a 5001 VPN Concentrator with a 10.x.x.x address on the inside. I can connect from my home where my netgear router provides me a 192.168.0.x address via DHCP. I can see all of my company's internal network without any problems. I have to use Network Address Translation Mode and Port 80 on the configuration of my VPN Client.

But if I go to the Holiday Inn, and Try to connect, I am provided 10.x.x.x address via DHCP from them, and I can not connect to the VPN at all if I have the VPN Client in NAT Mode with Port 80, and If I uncheck the NAT Mode and Try not using NAT then I can connect, but I am not able to use the resources inside my network. I.E. I cannot ping anything, even my securID server, but it lets me authenticate without any problems.

I have done some research, and have found some people with similar situations but on different types of VPN routers, and they are being told to enable NAT-T. The instructions I found say GoTo Configuation | System | Tunneling Protocols | IPSec | Nat Transparency screen and check the IPSec over NAT-T check box.

Maybe Im blind, or just not patient enough to look for it. I can't seem to find it. I am running Software Version VPN 5001 Concentrator V5.2.14. Maybe I need to update my firmware. Im not sure, but I would greatly appretiate any help that anyone could provide. It would be a huge hit if my sales staff could use the VPN from a hotel.

I realize my hardware is out date and end of life, but if anyone could help me with the above problem. I would be greatful.

Thanks,

Jason Bielenda

Security Directoy

Dynamic Details Inc

Sterling, VA 20166

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN Client to 5001 VPN Concentrator Connection Problems

Hi Jason,

Nat-t is not available on VPN5000, if they are mentioning to go to configuration | System...etc, they are mentioning a CVPN3000.

One thing that you might want to try is creating a different group for sales, where you will assign a different ip subnet for them, at the same time, you will include this "new" subnet to your LAN routing.

So when they connect from a Hotel, they will use this vpn group, when they connect regularly they could use both.

Hope it helps.

Arthur

Re: VPN Client to 5001 VPN Concentrator Connection Problems

Thanks for your response. That is not the news I wanted, but it definately puts some closure to my issue. I will try setting up a different IP scheme for my users. Thank you for you time and Information.

regards,

Jason Bielenda

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content