Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client troubles with second Windows IP Address

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3
24 Replies 24

when there is no vpn established on the pc, verify the pc routing table whether there are already routes for those subnets other than the default route.

Not applicable

Hi

the destination network is 192.168.254.0/24

there is no route to this network.

I have absolutely no idea or expanation for this phenomenon.

If there is any chance I could open an Account for you on the pix to test it yourself.

it's fine. please email me the login details jack.ko@tcsa.com.au

Not applicable

I did a final test and I think that you can reproduce this in your lab.

1st IP

192.168.1.9/24 GW:192.168.1.2

2nd IP

192.168.0.9/24

Tunnel will be established, but no ping through

After changing the second IP to

everything worked fine.

For me it seems as if the cisco client has some problems with zeros in the IP-address.

Not applicable

Can anyone...best would be ciscopeople...check if this is really a client problem?

I have a PC that needs exacly the addresses above and cannot connect using the cisco vpn client.

Not applicable

Hi,

Just to let you know, I had exacly the same problem as described above - tunnel being set up but no data pass through - using VPN Client 4.0.5(A). On seeing this post, I removed the additional IP addresses from the interface and it now works fine.

I was using 10.210.211.211 and 192.168.0.10. The former is my private LAN, the latter was used to configure a new Linksys router and I left it there for future use. Routing tables seemed fine. The workaround of removing the second address is fine for me but its still very weird.

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable