cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client & WiFi

dklucas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has a Lynksys BEFSR41 router on a cable modem hookup. When his laptop is plugged directly into the router via the internal nic he is able to successfully use VPN Client 3.61. When he attempts to use wireless via an access point connected to the router he is unable to use the VPN Client - hangs waiting for a connection. All other fuctions work fine on wireless (web access, can ping, etc). Any help?

1 Reply 1

brandondahl
Level 1
Level 1

I also have two clients that are using the BEFSR41, as well, and they cannot get threw on there wireless connections. Is it some setting on the router on the WLAN side? We are using the 3000 concentrator, and everyone VPN'ing from home that does not use a router/firewall connects fine. My Dlink 713P (wireless) at home, works great on the VPN and it has never given me a hard time. I have never messed around with the settings on the router, other then to enable MAC address control. Otherwise there is no WEP encryption enabled, or any other security methods. All three routers are DHCP in and out, and all clients are win2k machines running 3.6.1.

I know this is not an answer, but i wanted to ask the same question, and give a little bit more insight on it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: