Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Client with firewall protection

I have nearly 200 users using 3000 client. When they connect from home, we have provided each user Linksys 4port router, so that user system will be protected when they connect to VPN with split tunnling. If users goes to hotel room, want to connect to high speed DSL, what is the best way to protect user laptops? I want to use BlackIce firewall on each laptop but we tested, we are facing performence problem on laptop or application problems...etc... what is the easy way to secure laptops with out linksys boxes.

1 REPLY

Re: VPN Client with firewall protection

The Cisco software client now has the Zonelab's ZoneAlarm software built in and you can either turn it of or on. I prefer and use BlackICE. What problems have you had with it? It requires a bit of tweaking to get it down and then you can also add IceCap manager, a console from where you can control each individuals BlackICE install. The biggest problem I found was users trying to configure the setting when they notice an attack, If they leave it alone it will probably be fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content