cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client with winroute

sean.white
Level 1
Level 1

I have a laptop from work that I need to get to work with my home network. I had Windows 2000 Internet sharing turn on and was told that would not work with the VPN client. So I moved over to winroute pro and still unable to connect. What happens, as I'm able to logon and get connected to the VPN server, but I not able to access anything on the network, I'm not even able to ping by IP address. I have connected my DSL modem to my laptop and it works fine with the VPN, so the problem is with the sharing side. I'm also not able to access anything on my local network once the VPN connection is made on the laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the VPN client is not supported to run on the same machine that you have an internet sharing software, whether it is ICS or some other software. It would run properly, if it is on a machine behind the internet sharing machine, provided you turn on IPSec thru NAT on the concentrator and client. For Personal Firewall software, the VPN client supports Zone Alarm and Black Ice.

See release notes on:http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/client/3_1/clientrn.pdf

Winroute is on another system running Windows 2000. I have tried ICS and winroute and unable to get a connection passed the logon.