cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client wont connect when behind another PIX Unit.

m-jankowski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a PIX-506E at my home and another one at a business. I have remote VPN setup through the remote PIX so I can connect to it from my Sprint card and the VPN software. The problem is my PIX wont let the session connect to any of the PC's on the other end. It will secure the channel, encrypt and connect, but wont let me access anything.

Is there something I'm missing here? Although I don't really know how to forward ports with the PIX software I just bought it... so maybe this would be a good time to learn.

Thank you!!

Mike Jankowski

Computer Systems Consultant

mjank@mjankowski.com

3 Replies 3

jcrussell
Level 3
Level 3

I think you need to define which address(es) and port(s) you want to allow to connect.

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Please make sure that you have NAT-T enabled on the heaend PIX and the client and the UDP port 4500 is allowed through your home PIX. This should resolve the problem. Please be informed that it would be applicable for the new VPN connection that you launch. Check out the following link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080110bca.html

HTH,

Regards,

Kamal

I tried this as well but it still wont let me access any PC's at the home site. Could you please explain NAT-T and how to correctly forward port 4500? Also I cannot access that link with my current US/PW ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: