cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Clients cant communicate with each other??

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a 1721 configured for VPN clients. All works fine. I'm interested it using the clients for soft phones off of a PABX. However, the clients can?t see each other?? I can?t ping between them.

Otherwise the clients operate absolutely fine. I need client-client communication for the voice direct RTP.

Tried looking at the natting and I temporarily removed all the acls as a precaution... No good.. :(

Any ideas? I noticed there is a global command to enable this feature on a VPN concentrator. Is there an equivalent for routers? I can use CLI or SDM.

Many thanks! :)

2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi..

what you are trying to achieve is known as U-turn IPsec tunneling. I am not sure whether you can achieve this on a router but you can using PIX running version 7.0 or higher using the command

same−security−traffic permit intra−interface

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!

Thanks for the comments but I have sorted it :). I just needed to turn the statefull firewall off on the client... There is no way to configure it on a router. In default it blocks traffic between clients. Only on VPN concentrators/PIX's can you configure your own rules. Routers have a cut down version of client.

Thanks again. Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: