Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN clients running slow

bur3620
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Gurus,

I have a 1721 at my T1 which terminates all of the VPN tunnels and NAT's all addresses. When clients tunnel in they are able to establish a connection and browse network resources but sometimes it runs very slow. Other times they cannot access internal email at all. (email works fine from inside the network). If I reboot the router and reestablish the VPN's they are able to browse and access email without any issues. What do you think this could be?

(bandwidth is not being over utilized)

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Turn up the logging on the vpn clients to high to capture what's happening, if this is to happen again. Its best to see where it's Actually failing, what the reason is that is. Also, you can turn on/up the debug crypto ispec (1-255) to catch what's going on - but the fact that they all get booted at the same time behind the same router.on the clients you can increase the Dead Peer Detection DPD at the bottom of the Transport tab of the client's configuration- default is 90, you can set it higher....up to 480.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: