Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN clients through 3005 do not resolve name.

I have a VPN 3005 concentrator in a Windows environment. The private interface is in one locations, and the 3 remote sites are on a private WAN. I can ping, and using an IP address, terminal services and other service work fine. Name resolution is prived via DNS (Windows AD). I can ping by name any host on the subnet attached directly to the private interface, but names are NOT resolved to the other remote subnets. Since I can ping from a VPN client, I don't believe I have a routing issue. I can also manually add the DNS server IP addresses to the Windows Local Area Connection created by the VPN client after the connection is made. The concentrator has the DNS entries, and the DHCP assignment is provided a Windows server. The clients are running Win XP and version 4.7 of the Cisco VPN client, the 3005 is running version 4.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: VPN clients through 3005 do not resolve name.

Add customer.local to the 'append these DNS suffixes remove all the DNS settings and just have it as DHCP assigned, So that way the concentrator will send out these DNS settings to you.

Views
Helpful
Replies