Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Concentrator 3030 and load balancing

Hi all

I have 2 vpn3030 in VRRP and load balancing.

I stablish the connection to Virtual IP, and I see the connex go throug one of them. If I shutdown the master, all vpns connections go to the other one.

This is a normal behaviour.

BUT, What happens if VPN-A (master) fails when one vpn connection is stablish ? VPN client disconect..... User, manually, has to reconnect again, and the new connections are stablished with VPN-B.

Is there any way to configure this VPN3030 or VPN Client for stateful connection ? I mean, If VPN-A fails, connections are passed to VPN-B and there is no vpn tunnel down ?

Regards.

Roberto

1 REPLY

Re: VPN Concentrator 3030 and load balancing

I have read that VRRP is not to be runned along with load balancing. Please correct me if I am wrong. Please check this out. Concentrator configuration guide.

I think load balancing does not eliminate session disconnection when destination Gateway fails. IPSEC must start a new session and exchange new keyes with another vpn 3000 in cluster and therefore it is nearly impossible that the session stays active.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content