cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN concentrator issues

kowalm
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a Cisco VPN concentrator 3005 with preshared keys. I can connect to it perfectly (Phase II completes). I am able to ping inside my network and outside as well (split tunneling is not enabled). My problem is, no real traffic is getting through. I can ping www.yahoo.com and it resolves it and i recieve replies, but I cannot connect through Internet Explorer.

I'm using ESP, so NAT shouldn't be an issue. I shouldn't have to enable split tunneling. I would like to get this working without split tunneling for now.

I'm using the internal DB for users and internal dhcp pool.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Is your web browser configured to use a web proxy? It makes no sense that ICMP would be able to flow, but TCP based HTTP sessions wouldn't, unless there is a proxy or access lists in the mix. Is the 3005 behind a firewall?

The VPN actually bypasses the firewall, meaning its inline with the firewall (not infront or behind).

Ok, I solved the problem.

I enabled IPSec over UDP on both concentrator and Client (not sure if this helps, but it works) and I added the gateway for the private interface under "Tunnel Default Gateway"

I think before, i did a tracert to cisco.com, it would go to the concentrator, the public int's gateway then out to the internet. Now it goes to the public int, private int default gateway and back through.

It works, but does this sound right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: