Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

VPN concentrator - not able to access console

I am trying to connect to a new VPN concentrator thru console. I have set all the hyperterminal settings as mentioned in the cisco documentation but still fail to connect. Is there any alternative way to do this? Does the concentrator have a default IP on any interface so that I can connect it to?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN concentrator - not able to access console

Hello kev_jacob,

I use 9600/8/None/1/None to connect to my VPN3k. Can you use the same rollover cable and settings in hyperterminal to connect to a router/switch. They use the same settings. If not, there may be something wrong with the cable.

There is no default IP on a new VPN3K.

HTH

Community Member

Well HTH, I used the same setting as u mentioned and there is nothing wrong with the cable because when i connect the cable to a cisco switch/router with the same hyperterminal settings i can get connected but it does not happen with the concentrator. I'm suspecting the Hardware now.

Cisco Employee

Hello kev_jacob,

I agree, it sounds like a bad console port.

Community Member

If I remember correctly, you have to have a certain console cable for the Concentrator. The flat rollover cables that are used with routers/switches will not work Use a RS-232 straight-through serial cable.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content