cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Concentrators and Win2k

b.maresca
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3005 VPN Concentrator. I can get WIN95/98 and NT4 users to logon and browse (Web and Server), however, WIN2k users can establish a tunnel but cannot do any form of browsing. We are using the 3.0.1 client. I have tried everything I could think of including "Start Before Logon". I still cannot establish a session in which I can browse from a WIN2k machine. Any feedback would be helpful.

4 Replies 4

pbunchuk
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I've been able to connect is by ip address. Browsing is out of the question also.

duckhuntr
Level 1
Level 1

I have been able to get connectivity and browse anywhere on our network, including across domains with both the Native Windows 2000 PPTP client, and with the Cisco 3.0.1 Client using IPSec. I have seen, however, the same problem that you're talking about, only I've seen it on ALL Platforms. I'm not sure what the fix is, I think it has been different in all situations. The majority of the problems seem to be from the Client side, however.

haroldbeck
Level 1
Level 1

I was having the same problem. When I saw the reply where it did work, I did some digging and discovered the solution. Under Win2k you have to enable Client for Microsoft Networks on the networking tab under the Dial-up connection you use to connect to the internet. Once I did this browsing worked, as well as being able to connect to network shares using names rather than ip addresses. I am using the 3.0.1 client and the 3.0.2 VPN3005 server software.

jcleary
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same Problem also with WIN 2K. Just make sure that Client for Microsoft Networks is enabled. Also I noticed that if you log on to the network after the VPN tunnel is established that seems to help sometimes. At least with the 3.0x clients. And sometimes this helps too.. Manually connect to the Machine that is the WINS server ex Start-Run-//10.1.1.1. For some reason after I made the initial connection manualy i could browse.. I know it sounds wierd but for some reason it worked.

Hope that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: