Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vpn design

Hello all. I am very new to vpn and have been reading up on them over the past 2 days. I have been given the job of researching the possibility of implementing a vpn between oracle and a number of client intranets.

****My question is : at present oracle employees can dial into the oracle intranet from home but it is not a vpn. Assuming a vpn is created between oracle and client intranets, when an oracle employee dials into the oracle intranet from home and then access the client intranets via the "vpn" will security be affected because the oracle<-->employee connection is not a vpn. i.e will a remote-vpn have to be implemented between the oracle<--> employee.

Thankyou for helping a newbie!!! :

1 REPLY

Re: vpn design

From what I can gather from your explanation it doesn’t necessarily mean you have a security hole. The only security hole I can think of would be if you’re home user has say a DSL connection to the Internet AND is dialed into your network behind your firewall. This would open a tunnel into your network (and thus your vendors) through his machine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content