Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Error Message

networkelements
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an IPsec VPN between 2 offices terminating on an ASA 5510 and a Cisco 7204VXR. The tunnel works absolutely fine until the SA's expire. when we try to send traffic over the VPN we get the following error message from the ASA and the tunnel will not come up:

Rxed Encrypted Notify without a message Id!

Has anyone seen this error message before? CCO only gives the following info:

Error Message %PIX|ASA-4-713903:Descriptive_event_string.

Explanation Syslog with several possible text strings providing a warning. This may be the result of unexpected behavior of a peer (for example, loss of connectivity)

Recommended Action Informational only.

Unfortuneatly i do not have access to the 7204 and cannot get the provider to give me any decent information as to what is causing this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Since its mentioned as due to the loss of connectivity better to check the connectivity status when you spot this error message.

Better try to ping the other end box and make sure the connectivity is there in place.

regds

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Wondering if you are running into CSCsd79775

Thanks for the pointer. I did take a look through the bug tool to see if anything looked relevant but it seems that this particular bug was fixed in ver. 7.0(4.14)and we are running ver 7.1(1). I have raised a call with the TAC as this is really starting to baffle me. Will post the results.

Thanks again