cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Error Reason 431: Configured Maximum Idle Time for Session Exceeded

daniel
Level 1
Level 1

Some of our VPN Client users are getting time out every 5 to 10 mintues. It is troublesome for them to reconnect it to VPN every time.

We used VPN 3000 Concentrator Series. The Idle Time out is set to 30 Mintues on the Concentrator. Please advice some input on how can we resolve this problem? Thank you!

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

there is another timer namely the max connection time. however, i don't think that's the case as you mentioned only some of the remote users having the issue.

just wonderig if the issue is related to the internet connection of remote user.

Internet connections for those remote users were fine. We also have another VPN 3000 Concentrator Series with Idle Time out is set to 0. If the problems users are connect to this VPN concentrator then they will not get time out. We would like to keep the setting for Idle Time out to 30 Minutes, just have no idea why they get time out every 5 to 10 minutes.

I am having the same problem. The idle timeout on our 3005 concentrator (4.0.5B) is set to 90 minutes, but users are disconected after 5 minutes idle. It took a long time for me to realise that this was the problem. Now I'm wondering what causes this. Are you saying that setting the idle timeout to 0 did solve your problem?

Carl