Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN HELP

Roshan8484
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I am new with VPNs. I have a CISCO 1812 router. How does a VPN work? What IP does the Client use to access the VPN. What IP do you setup the VPN Server with? Please provide as much info as possible. I want to setup a VPN using SDM in the next couple of days.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

HI,

Thanks for the help, but the links seem not to be working. Please advise

Links are working fine - try again!

I cannot access it because my relationship with cisco is not high enough. I believe I got most of it, but do you know what IP address you use to setup a VPN

Try using the attached.

HTH.

Hey,

Thanks the attachment worked. I think I got it now. Just one more questions. What would the host and client IP be for the VPN. My networks on a standard VLAN of 192.168.1.1.

Well I would create a new address pool - just like in the example, and again just like in the example I would use 192.168.2.0/24

Hey,

I dont know what to do, Please help. Here is my situation. I have a home network. While I am away from home I would like to access my home network via VPN so I can access some files on my desktop.

My current network setup is:

My ISP is via DSL

MY DSL modem connects to the cisco 1812 router via Cat5.

My cisco router is configured with the correct PPPoE info so it can allow traffic to pass through.

All my computers are hooked up to the cisco router.

My Vlan 1 is 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

How do I setup a VPN using SDM. I read all of the .pdf and instructions but I am still confused. Please help

Nah,

This didnt help.

So my basic network configuration is this:

1. I have DSL

2. My cisco 1812 router connects to my DSL via a PPPoE (Dialer) on Fast Ethernet 0

3. My Vlan1 is 192.168.1.1 with a subnet of 255.2555.255.0

4. Now I want to setup a VPN where I can access my home network from various locations in the world. I am stuck on this because I dont know how to set it up via SDM. I Do not know what IP to use as the host (the IP that the client connects to) Please help.

if you stuck use command line interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: