Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

srg

Vpn into PIX 506

I am looking for the best way to telnet to a PIX firewall (version 6.0) on the outside interface. I can make a connection to the PIX with the 3.0 VPN client, but I can't seem to get the access list right to allow a telnet session. Anyone have any tips on what type of access lists I need or maybe a better way to connect?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Vpn into PIX 506

You cannot telnet to the outside interface. If you must gain access from the outside, VPN to your internal network, then telnet to the inside interface.

You can't telnet to the outside interface. However, if you install 6.0.1 with the PDM, you can securely browse to the PIX (using SSL) to manage it.

configure the pix for secure telnet and use a secure telnet client.

You may also telnet to the outside interface through your VPN tunnel. Look for "Securing Your Telnet Connection to the Outside Interface" at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v53/ipsec/advanced.htm#26809

-Denao

Views
Helpful
Replies