Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN IP question

I am currently setting up a L to L VPN connection. On the remote site end I am terminating to a 2611 with all the required IOS upgrades, HQ end has a 7206VXR (also with the required upgrades). I am currently bypassing our firewall on the HQ end and now have a 3640 (internet router-will not support VPN termination) between the 2611 and 7206. I have a public IP on the outside interface of the 2611 and there is obviously one on the outside interface of the 3640 (HQ internet router). In putting together the crypto isakmp key it occurred to me that I can NOT use the public IP of the 3640...I need a public IP sitting on the 7206 interface to terminate to. Does anyone see an issue with a 3640 public IP (outside interface), private IP 3640 (inside interface), public IP 7206 VPN interface???? any help would be appreciated. Terminating directly to the firewall is not an option at this point...I do have a circuit on the way strictly for the VPN solution which will make this immediate problem go away, but it is still 30-40 days out.

Regards,

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content