cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN IPSEC Error Message

ltech01
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently VPN and am using DSL to connect. I have Zone Alarm firewall installed. I connect to IE 4.7 and then click on my company's VPN. I authenticate to our ACE Server and then get the below error message:

"Failed to get DNS and WINS configuration information through the Extranet Connection. Connection closed.

Usually this error indicates that a Firewall is preventing IPSecurity packets from reaching the Extranet Switch."

Note: My firewall is set to accept the VPN ip address. Needless to say, I cannot connect to our company's system. Please advise.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

ltech01
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using VPN and connecting via DSL. I Zone Alarm's free firewall installed. My operating system is Windows 98. I connect to IE 4.7 and then click on my company's VPN. I authenticate to our ACE Server and then get the below error message:

"Failed to get DNS and WINS configuration information through the Extranet Connection. Connection closed.

Usually this error indicates that a Firewall is preventing IPSecurity packets from reaching the Extranet Switch."

Note: My firewall is set to accept the VPN ip address. Needless to say, I cannot connect to our company's system. Please advise.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: