Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN issues

Hello,

I have the attached configuration in my router (1721). My VPN doesn't work well. I am authenticated but I don't have access to my network. I guess something is missing but I don't fiure what. Please help me identifying and understanding the issue. Thank you very much!

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VPN issues

You have to bypass NAT for the IPSEC Traffic. Please refer the below URL for details. In your case, I would configure a different IP Network for the VPN Pool and configure the router to bypass NAT for traffic from your LAN to the VPN Pool of IP Addresses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949db.shtml

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate if it helps **

Re: VPN issues

Dear Arul,

Thank you very much for your help. I changed the VPN pool and I tryied to change the VPN type(please see the attached file). The VPN client I was doing the test with is a Microsoft VPN with basic configuration and static DNS IP addresses. If I use public IP address, the VPN works like a charm. If I am behind a NAT, I still can connect but I don't have access to anything. Please hewlp me understanding what's wrong. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Aurelian

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.