Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN L2L with dynamic IP on one side

rcordeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a ASA5505 and a Linksys router with a dynamic IP address and when the router try to connect the VPN it always end on the DefaultRAGroup and not the DefaultL2LGroup.

It was supposed to end in the L2L, the one configured and with the right pre-shared key.

I'm running 7.2.2 and 8.0.2.

I have a lot of configs like those with PIX 6.x.x and they all work great but with this one...

Regards,

Rui Cordeiro

4 Replies 4

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I have this same issue. It keeps attempting the RA group. After trying for about 8-10 minutes it will finally use the L2L group and bring up the tunnel.

Have you tried an extended ping to bring up the tunnel and give it about 10 minutes?

I'm not saying that is the solution I am just curious if anyone else sees the same behavior.

I also tried the following command with no luck, tunnel-group-map default-group DefaultL2LGroup, have you tried this?

Hi,

No luck with that command also... and it seems that the 10 minutes rule isn't working...

mapc3637ma
Level 1
Level 1

Ha have the same problems, if you can solve the promblems yet, I am very interestint in know what is the solution.

Can you help ME

Sorry, I had no luck and tried all the things I could think of...

My client changed to fixed IP and all went well.

I advise you to open a case in TAC, maybe they can give you a solution...

Best of luck and if you get a solution post it.