Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Migration

Hello All, I have been tasked with moving a private p-to-p Frame Relay Network to a VPN solution. I have done the req's analysis on our current equipment in order to position for the migration (at this point with bandwidth req's we are going with a software based encryption solution-LAN TO LAN). Current termination on the remote node end is 2620's: req's look like two IP Plus Feature set upgrades(PL26-P & FL26-P-K2)/mem upgrade/IOS Firewall Feature set(FL26-H). Current HQ 7206VXR: req looks like IPSEC 3DES upgrade (FL72-K2)/mem upgrade/IOS Firewall Feature Set (FL72-H). Is there anyone with A-Z implementation experience with VPN's that may be of assistance, I have a conceptual understanding of the technology and the pieces of the puzzle...this will be my first hands-on with VPN's. A useful document/book/site that covers the configuration steps (IPSEC,tunnels int, encryption, NAT, etc...)in order to properly implement, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Frank

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN Migration

Hello Frank,

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to speak with a design engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. You can locate your local Cisco representative from this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/servpro/contact.html

Although it goes much deeper than just cryptography, there is a Cisco publication worth reading called Designing Network Security (ISBN# 1578700434). You might prefer Enhanced IP Services for CISCO Networks: A Practical Resource for Deploying Quality of Service, Security, IP Routing, and VPN Services (ISBN# 1578701066). (Both of these are available online through Cisco Marketplace at http://www.cisco.com/go/marketplace as well as many major bookstores.)

If anyone else in the forum has experience with a similar design and implimentation, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: VPN Migration

Thank you for responding, I will check into the links you have provided. I found a good book "Implementing Cisco VPNs" from McGraw Hill Publishers that has been a great source of information, I feel it has filled in most of the blanks for me. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content