Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN not working after image upgrade

HI guys

I am in trouble. I upgraded my router image file from 12.0 to 12.02(7)c. and now the VPN tunnelling is not working.

I configures crypto IPsec tunneling using tunneling interface. It was prefectly working before image upgrade. Now it's not working. but one thing I noticed is I am able to reach othe router A to Network B thro my tunnel interface but not from my network A to network B. But If I try from Network B or router B to network A . Nothing is happening and the router log says

%CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_NOT_IPSEC: Rec'd packet not an IPSEC packet.

(ip) dest_addr= [IP_address], _addr= [IP_address], prot= [dec]

I checked both sides and teh config is same..

Please help me out

THankx

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN not working after image upgrade

The received packet matches the crypto map ACL, but the packet is not encapsulated by the IPSec. The IPSec peer is sending unencapsulated packets. There may simply be a policy setup error on the peer. This activity could be considered a hostile event.

Re: VPN not working after image upgrade

I know that's the error says in cisco document. But the policy and everything is same. I didn;t do any changes. but surprisingly tunneling works from one side. My peer can tunnel into my network but I can;t tunnel into his network.

THankx

Views
Helpful
Replies