cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN on a Wireless Conection

stu
Level 1
Level 1

I normally use the VPN client over a dial-up line. I recently got a fixed wireless connection and have it installed on my laptop via a Orinoco USB CLient. I can use Internet Explorer with this connection just fine, but when I try to connect to my company network through VPN, I get the message 'Remote Peer is no longer responding'. It is not a problem on the remote peer, as I can still connect just fine through the dial up connection. I am running Windows 2000. Any ideas would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

ssoberlik
Level 4
Level 4

I run VPN over my Cisco 802.11b wireless without a problem. You’ll probably have to troubleshoot it with either your Wireless provider or Cisco’s TAC.

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is similar to CSCdv00229, it turned out to an issue with the Orinoco USB Client, as they do not provide all the info on the .inf file to follow the USB specs. Contact your Orinoco vendor to inquire about a fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: