Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

VPN on PPPoE

I have broadband PPPoE internet connection. I am trying to connect to my office using Cisco vpn client. All settings are OK as it works when I try to connect office using non pppoe internet access.

This pppoe has a virtual dialup interface in win Xp, is there any way that I can convince Cisco VPN client to go through the virtual interface on top of the actual physical LAN connection. VPN client is just trying to get through physical connection which isnt really connecting internet apart from physical media to connect to broadband modem. It doesn’t even matter what IP the LAN connection has, because PPPoe is getting IP from ISP and I can use internet but not VPN.

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: VPN on PPPoE

Hi .. what type of ADSL device are you using ..? The best way for configuring this set up is using the ADSL modem as PPPoE client. Then you can connect any ammount of PCs to the ADSL modem. If the ADSL modem support NAT translation then you can use the VPN client on your laptop LAN's adapater. I don't think you can use the vpn client using a PPPoE virtual adapter. It only works with real physical adapters.

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies