cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Pix to Pix not allowing browsing from one end.

mariocabrejo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have moved one office from a router connection to the internet (doing Nat) to our corporate VNP Pix. Now from that office I can browse all our corporate network but from our corporate network I cannot browse them. I read some cisco docs and I have installed WINS, still no luck.

The techs of the isp for that office recomended disabling Nat on that office router(its doubling Nating). I will have to change that office PIX external Ip address and default gateway to match whatever Ip subnet they give me.

Is this change going to affect our current VPN IKE and IPSEC policies and connection to that office?

Thanks

Mario Cabrejo

Network Engineer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

richardmcmahon
Level 1
Level 1

You will have to use an external (internet visible ip) on the PIX external interface and disable NAT on the router. You will have to recreate the tunnels as they will be pointing to a new ip and not the one on the router.

Hope this helps

Richard

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

richardmcmahon
Level 1
Level 1

You will have to use an external (internet visible ip) on the PIX external interface and disable NAT on the router. You will have to recreate the tunnels as they will be pointing to a new ip and not the one on the router.

Hope this helps

Richard