Cisco Support Community
Community Member

VPN Print Problem

I have two sites linked together via Pix firewalls with a VPN tunnel The main site has all the servers and most of the network resources required to be utilized. I set up a Pix 506E at the main facility and a Pix 501 at the remote facility. I have no problems attaching to network resources through Microsoft Networking (shares, printers, etc.) from the remote site to the main site.

I can't attach to any network resources from the main facility to the remote site. I need to access a special printer that only can exist on a Windows XP workstation. I can't attach to that XP workstation from any device at the main facility.

But all other basic IP commands do work. Ping, FTP, even HTTP does work through the VPN tunnel between the two sites. MS Networking works from the remote site to the main site. The only thing not working is MS Networking from the main site to the remote site. Is this even a VPN\Pix issue, or possibly MS Networking not properly configured?

Re: VPN Print Problem

It sounds like you have a Windows permissions issue here and nothing to do with the VPN. but you can post the config of the PIXes if you like to have a look !!!

CreatePlease to create content