Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN problem with Windows XP clients

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Windowx XP clients using the VPN dialer (3.5) to hook up to a PIX 515E.

We have Windows 2000 clients that work without any problems using the exact same configuration to connect via VPN to our network. When VPN is connected I can ping and even map up network shares on the server.

When using the Windows XP clients I can ping and do the same thing as the Windows 2000 clients, EXCEPT from mapping up network shares on the server. Only get a message saying it cannot find the share, but in fact I can ping the server using both the IP address and server name without any problems.

Does anyone know why XP can't, while when using the same VPN configuration on Windows 2000 it works?

Steffen

1 REPLY

Re: VPN problem with Windows XP clients

Hi to all again,

I found a solution to the problem I installed the latest VPN client (4.0.1) from Cisco on the Windows XP clients and it did the trick. Everything works now!

Cheers,

Steffen :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies