Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Problems

Hello everyone..

Last night we setup a Pix 506.. we're using pre-shared keys.. and we can connect to the network.. but we're seeming to have netbios problems.. we can't fully browse the inside network from the remote location. i can't check email.. ping by netbios names ( but i can ping the inside remote network by IP (10.0.0.0 scheme) so i know im connecting.. but it seems to be a netbios problem. Anyone had this problem?.. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES

Re: VPN Problems

1. Is this a site to site VPN (Router to Pix)?

a.If so what IOS on the router are you using (the flash file name)?

2. Are you using the nat (inside) 0 command on the 506 to pass IPSEC traffic?

If all these questions are yes, then an access-list somewhere (probably the outgoing access-list bound to the inside interface on the 506) is denying, at a minimum, one or more of the following ports.

TCP port 135 - Allow client to come in via MSRPC

TCP port 139 - The netbios connection. This port is the connection that is maintained during the MAPI session. If you do a netstat -a -n, you will see that you have an "established" connection to IP of mail server:139 while Outlook is open.

UDP port 137 and port 138 - used by WINS and Exchange to allow updates of new changes. (Such as new email being sent to an Outlook client's inbox).

Also, there are 2 tcp ports in the range of 1024-65536 that are used to deliver mail back from the client.

I can get more specific if this is close to your setup.

RJ

Re: VPN Problems

try setting your MTU to 1400

and add an ip-helper address for your VPN subnet

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content