Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VPN problems

I have 18 ASA5505 connecting through vpns back to a 5510 which connects to the servers I need to get to. The vpn tunnel comes up fine, but i needed them to stay up all the time so I put in the vpnclient nem-st-autoconnect line in my 5505 and nem enable on my group policy. As soon as I put the autoconnect line in, the ASA5505 lookes like it starts doing a memory dump and reloads. it is happening on all of the 5505, but it sometimes stays up for hours and sometimes it will only stay up for a couple of minutes. I was just wondering why it is doing this and if I have to remove that line how to I keep the tunnel up all the time.

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: VPN problems

here's a working config i have on a 5505:

vpnclient server w.x.y.z

vpnclient mode network-extension-mode

vpnclient nem-st-autoconnect

vpnclient vpngroup GROUPNAME password ********

vpnclient username USERNAME password ********

vpnclient enable

maybe there's something there you can use.

ssh to the outside interface, and clear the tunnel. then add the command. I have no group-policy configured on this device either.

Re: VPN problems

that is exactly how I Have it configured. I have all 18 of them configured this way with there own usernames and password. I have no problem getting the vpns to work the problem is at any time the vpn tunnel comes up and the nem-st-autoconnect line is in the config the asa could stay up and working for hours or seconds befor it does what looks like a memory dump and rebots.

Views
Helpful
Replies