Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN question --> site-to-site-to-site

Endwigast
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if the attached diagram is possible? Can hosts on network A connect to hosts on network B? Thanks

endwi

4 Replies 4

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Sure, as long as there is no overlapping network/host in SiteA and SiteB and also those network/host in SiteA and SiteB is not present in the middle firewall internal security segment and internal routing.

There is a solution for overlapping network/host though but for a newbie in VPN, try to avoid it.

Regards,

Dandy

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing but can't get data to go out of my ASA5520. How is this accomplished? I've tried putting the remote network in the SA to the hub but the data gets denied. Also just tried routing but no go.

Thanks

Victor

Victor,

You need to define the interesting traffic on all three firewalls.

Also, on the Main firewall you need to add same-security-traffic permit intra-interface.

Here's a good doc...

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00804675ac.shtml

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi acomiskey,

I got it to work! The link you sent helped out. I noticed the SA was not allowing the far remote network and I thought it was on my side. I had to include the far side network on the hub VPN server and it allowed it out of my ASA after renegotiating.

Thanks for getting me started in the right direction!

Victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: